DAMAGES UPON DELIVERY
We recommend checking the product carefully before signing.
1. If you receive the package and find that the packaging is damaged, inspect the rims/wheels carefully for damage. If there is no damage, then it is okay to sign for the product. However, if there is damage you need to report this on the delivery slip or, alternatively, refuse the shipment and it will be returned back to Light Bicycle(hereafter referred to as LB). LB will re-arrange shipment within 10 business days after receiving the returned package.
If you sign for the package and do not report any damage then there is no recourse we can have against the delivery company and, unfortunately, you would be responsible for purchasing any replacement product.
2. If you receive the package and the carton is in good condition, but the product is significantly damaged during shipment, please contact us within 7 days after signing and keep the original waybill, packing boxes etc. The return request needs to be made by customers. The shipping express company will provide customer compensation number. Please inform us of the compensation number for delivery tracking.
For Non-Pro Series Rims: From the date of purchase, 15 Months Warranty
For Pro Series Rims: From the date of purchase, 3 Years Warranty. Light Bicycle is pleased to offer the options to purchase an extended 5-year Premium warranty or lifetime Premium warranty with minimum charge respectively. (view the Pro series list)
General Warranty Statement:
1. If any manufacturing defect occurs within 30 days, LB is obligated to replace the rim(s) and also pay for the shipping cost. If any manufacturing defect occurs within 31 days to 15 months/ 3 years/ 5 years/ lifetime, LB is obligated to replace the rim(s), and you would be responsible for the shipping cost.
2. At our discretion, we may send you a heavier duty version, and if we no longer make your exact rim we’ll upgrade you to the newest equivalent model at no extra cost.
3. For warranty claim on the rim(s) over 3 years since the date of purchase, you are kindly required to return the original rim(s) to LB for assessment at the very first place, and a reasonable solution will be given afterwards.
Warranty does not cover:
a). Improper assembly, maintenance, or maintenance by an unauthorized technician.
b). Installation of parts or accessories or tires that are not originally intended for, or compatible with, the rims/wheels as sold.
c). Damage or failures caused by a crash, accidental damaged, abuse of the product, heat damage (typically caused by the wheel sitting too close to vehicle exhaust), non-compliance with manufacture specifications of usage or any other fractious reasons.
d). The strongest spokes that can be used on our rims are double butted 2/1.8/2mm. Straight gauge 2mm straight gauge spokes are not allowed to be used on our rims or there is no warranty (they are too stiff to use with carbon rims).
e). Spokes, nipples, or wheel building issues if the wheel(s) were NOT built by LB.
f). If work is done to the wheels by a non-LB technician, any warranty claim due to “wheel building related issues” may be refused. If you have a potential wheel building warranty issue with a wheel built by LB, contact us first to determine the best way to move forward. If purchased from Chinese location, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org If purchased from the USA or Canada location contact: email@example.com.
g). Normal wear and tear (Spokes, nipples, pawls, bearings, rim tape, decal, stickers etc.)
CRASH REPLACEMENT POLICY
In case of accidental or intentional abuse (casing a big jump or drop, crashing, even over your wheel, or any other type of damage to your rim), we offer a crash replacement policy that gives you the following discount on LB rims. Please note that you are still responsible for the shipping costs.
Applicable period for crash replacement: The same as to warranty time range that you purchased for the rim in terms of 15-month/3-year/5-year/Lifetime.
10%+ discount of crash replacement is available subject to the rim model.
Special Notes for Warranty and Crash Replacement Policy:
1. The Warranty program is not transferable and only applies to the initial purchaser.
2. Any problem found on the warranty replacement product should be claimed within 7 days after the replacement is received, otherwise, it will be viewed as settled. The warranty period applies to the original order and does not get reset with a replacement rim.
3. The warranty and crash replacement policy is stipulated here for all rims unless otherwise stated on the product page on our website.
Fill out the form to submit your claim >>
PURCHASE ALTERNATION OR CANCELLATION POLICY
The policy applies when you cancel all or part of a purchase after the payment is partially or fully made but BEFORE the shipment of products.
If you cancel a purchase once it has shipped, it will be treated as a “return” with all applicable fees. Please refer to our “Product Return Policy”.
A purchase may not be altered or canceled without the authorization of LB. If and when authorized, 10% off the purchase value or minimum USD50 may be charged to recover re-stocking and operational costs.
PRODUCT RETURN POLICY
1. Applicable scope:
If in any way the product that you receive does not match your order, please contact us prior to using the product so that we can provide with a reasonable solution. If a return for refund is granted by LB, it will be subject to these conditions unless otherwise agreed to by LB:
a). Only products shipped from LB and arrived within the last 30 days and still in saleable condition will be considered for the return for refund.
b). Special configured products (non-stock) will not be considered for the return or refund unless the issue is due to an error made by LB.
c). The money would be refunded within 3 working days once the product is received with LB in good condition.
Fees would be charged on you for the return.
a). 20% off the initial purchase value or minimum USD100 will be charged for restocking and refurbishment if you raise a refund request.
b). Shipping cost, customs duty or other applicable fees of return should be charged unless stated otherwise on our warranty policy.